J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a national company with major offices in the Washington DC area, Atlanta, San Antonio and Honolulu. Client focus ranges from Federal, State, and local Government entities to private sector clients nationally and internationally. J.M. Waller Associates, Inc. offers environmental, engineering, construction and facility management services. We are seeking a Geologist/Hydrogeologist to work in our Martinez, CA office.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Provide technical support to ongoing projects at hazardous waste sites, primarily in the areas related to: geology, hydrogeology, fieldwork, and data interpretation/presentation.
- Provide project level geology/hydrogeology input to projects.
- Scope, budget and manage groundwater field investigations including drilling, geophysical, and sampling.
- Expand department's capabilities to perform hydrogeologic investigations and remediation projects.
- Perform supporting technical role in assigned projects.
- Perform field testing, sampling, and investigation work.
- Assist in proposals and marketing efforts.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) offers a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated professionals within the environmental, engineering, construction, logistics and facility management fields. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government clients, both domestic and international. Please visit our website for additional exciting career opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a geosciences-related field required, Master's degree (MA/MS) preferred
- OSHA 40 hour training
- 5-8 years related experience and/or training.
- Must work well within a project team, but also work independently and take a lead role for tasks/projects assigned.
- Knowledge/experience in computer-based, geosciences-related, geographical informational systems, data evaluation software and/or groundwater flow/contaminant transport modeling is desirable.
- Professional registration/licensing as a professional geologist is preferred.
- Experience working on CERCLA sites required.
- One (1) year working experience at hazardous waste sites where EPA Level B and Level C personal protective equipment is desired;
- 30-hour OSHA Construction safety class or as an equivalent, 30 hours of formal construction safety and health training is desired.
- Specialized training in personal and respiratory protective equipment, program implementation, proper use of air monitoring instruments, air sampling methods, and interpretation of results.
- Certified in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) by a recognized organization such as the American Red Cross is desired.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local, and DoD, Navy/Marine Corps occupational safety and health regulations related to environmental remediation projects.
- General computer, word processing, and spreadsheet capabilities are required, advanced skills desired
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB)
J.M. Waller Associates Inc. - 14 months ago