Our Westford, MA office seeks a mid level Scientist or Geologist with environmental consulting experience to join their team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on the evaluation of site data including site-specific Health & Safety Plans, Sampling and Analysis Plans, Quality Assurance Project Plans, and Investigation Derived Waste Plans
- Prepares milestone reports including initial site investigations, comprehensive site assessments, remedial action plans, final inspection reports and site closure reports
- Performs or manages the implementation of project specific work plans including scheduling, subcontractor and laboratory coordination, and sample collection
- Engages in field programs at complex sites that require bedrock drilling and characterization, aquifer hydraulic tests or packer tests.
- Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, interprets data and accurately displays data on graphs, figures and logs, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps leading to the development of a conceptual site model
- Develops closure plans and implements steps to progress environmental projects to closure in the most cost effective manner via traditional techniques or risk-based closure options
- Works effectively with and mentors junior and associate geologists, scientists and engineers to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork execution
- Prioritizes assigned tasks, manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan, and analyzes cost control efficiencies
- Communicates with third party and regulatory agents regarding schedules and compliance issues
- Utilizes databases to query site information and data as well as to create historical tables and sampling reports
- Assists with the preparation of proposals in response to bids/requests for proposals
- Ensures adherence to corporate and client contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more. GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or a related discipline
- 4-7+ years of related experience. Experience must include hands on field and office based environmental consulting experience, as well as case management experience on retail and/or industrial projects. Must have experience with field investigations, low-flow sampling collection techniques, subcontractor oversight (drilling, excavation, trenching), and light construction work.
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and an ability to work independently or as part of a project team to prepare a complete deliverable report with a focus on QA/QC
- Must have working, functional knowledge of Massachusetts’ environmental regulations and be knowledgeable about soil classification (USCS) and local bedrock geology
- Must possess thorough knowledge of hydrogeology, fate and transport, monitored natural attenuation, and conceptual site model development
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, as well as in developing geological logs/cross-sections
- Desire/ability to attain PG/LSP certification is a plus
- A Background Check and an Alcohol/Drug Screening are required as well as an assessment of core skills based on GES’ internal position level guidelines
Groundwater & Environmental Services - 10 months ago