Our San Diego office seeks a senior level Geologist, Environmental Scientist or Engineer with an environmental consulting background to join their team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Self performs or directs junior staff in the oversight of soil boring activities, monitoring well installations, and other field activities including the oversight of subcontractors.
- Authors site work plan and proposals for more complex scopes of work including: comprehensive site characterizations and remedial action plans. These reports should contain multiple level and interrelated interpretations and conclusions as well as identify recommendations based on the conclusions.
- Provides technical and some financial oversight of medium size project sites. Technical responsibilities may include monitoring contaminant concentrations and fate/transport properties, QA/QC of data collected and documents generated, and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.Financial duties may include evaluate budgets vs. plans, analyze cost control efficiencies, and review pre-bills and invoices.
- Communicates with third party and regulatory agents regarding schedules and compliance issues.
- Follows client contract specifications in all filed-related activities and informs project group of those specifications.
- Adheres to all GES Health & Safety standards and all Company Policies & Procedures in all project and field-related activities.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or a similar major.
- 8-15+ years of related experience. Experience should include: investigation, reporting and remediation of retail petroleum work or handling large volumes of a similar type work.
- Experience with Underground Storage Tanks (UST & LUST) and working knowledge of California's environmental regulations are required.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills
- Professional certification a plus
- Drug/Alcohol Screening and a Background Check are required
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Groundwater & Environmental Services - 12 months ago