Our San Diego, CA office seeks experienced Geologists, EnvironmentalScientists and Engineers with environmental consulting experience to join their team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for most aspects of case management/project management with senior oversight.
- Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs.
- Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination and sample collection.
- Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of a Conceptual Site Model.
- Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution.
- Develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan and analyzes cost control efficiencies.
- Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
- Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or Engineering
- 4-7+ years of related experience. Experience must include hands on field and office based in environmental consulting field. Case management experience on retail petroleum and/or industrial projects preferred
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete deliverable report with a focus on QA/QC
- Must have working knowledge of California’senvironmental regulations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, geologic logging/cross section programs required. Experience with database/graphics management (Access, GIS, CAD) a plus
- A Background Check and an Alcohol/Drug Screening are required, as well as an assessment of core skills based on GES’ internal position level guidelines.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Groundwater & Environmental Services - 4 months ago