While completing your internship with GOH you will have a range of responsibilities and duties that will expand your skill set by assisting with our environmental responsibilities across our region.
* Perform mineral/rock identification and reserve analysis.
* Perform inspections of existing and potential work sites.
* Prepare reports related to environmental and geologic inspections.
* Evaluate environmental incidents and document findings.
* Operate various monitoring equipment and interpret results. .
* Perform geologic field survey work involving various types of analysis and data interpretation.
* Professionally and positively represent Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. to the public, outside agencies and interests, including federal, state, and local agencies.
* Frequently operate vehicle on company business.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non‑traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
* Basic principles of structural geology and stratigraphy.
* Principles of surveying, geographic information systems and general engineering.
* Microsoft Office software and AutoCAD.
* Work in a professional manner in a high stress, fast paced, changing environment.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Ability to read a topographic map
* Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Valid drivers license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Completed 4 semesters at an accredited university with an emphasis in geology or environmental studies.
* Ability to physically traverse steep mountain grades and retrieve large sized samples of stone weighing approximately 25 pounds.
* Ability to push, pull, and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
* Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, noise, inclement weather conditions, and extreme temperatures.
* Ability to walk and work on steep mountain grades and other uneven terrain.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to sit in and operate vehicle for sustained periods of time.
* Ability to sit for sustained periods of time.
GOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.