Marine Survey |
Perform work assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related hydrographic and geophysical tasks. Receive training in geophysical and hydrographic processes and procedures offshore or survey office. Training includes field work and clerical tasks associated with geophysical and hydrographic surveying analysis and reporting.
With heavy supervision and very limited decision-making:
- Use prescribed methods to perform project tasks under the supervision of an experienced surveyor.
- Be able to understand geophysical and Hydrographic acquisition technics.
- Assist project professionals, documenting daily and weekly journal of activities performed.
- Complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner. Serve and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program and quality management system.
- Be able to travel as required, prepared to work offshore and overseas for prolonged periods
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Work well while under supervision; execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner; maintain organized and clean work area.
- Able to work while under stress and in dynamic offshore environments; able to meet deadlines.
- Come to work regularly and on time; perform other duties as assigned with an attitude to learn. Candidates must be self-starters with the knowledge to ask for help in a timely manner.
Physical Qualifications (For Field Work)
- Possess current driver’s license with clean motor vehicle record.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
- Able to complete medical screening examination, including drug and alcohol screening. Candidates must undertake and successfully complete both Offshore Safety and Water Survival course
- Be able to occasionally work long hours in the field, tolerating variable weather conditions.
- Be able to train to use testing equipment and perform equipment checks and calibrations as required and in accordance with company rules and procedures.
- When performing office work, be able to position self at desk, use computer keyboard, Microsoft Office software and other office equipment.
- Willing to learn field testing procedures and become familiar with testing equipment.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Demonstrate good mechanical and technical skills; good math aptitude.
Candidates must be able to perform moderate-to-heavy work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally with moderate-to-considerable amount of force occasionally to move objects.
- GeoMost field work to be performed outdoors in variable weather conditions.
- Intern must complete a Human Performance Evaluation.
- The noise level in the fieldwork environment varies, and can be loud when working around equipment.
- The field environment can be dusty, windy, wet, cold, or hot depending on the time of year and work location.
- Intern must be able to tolerate changing and adverse weathers conditions and working environment.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
- 2+ years education from an accredited college or university in geology, geophysical, or environmental preferred; or equivalent military experience preferred. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Some field experience is preferred.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, arithmetic and basic IT skills are a must.
what we offer
Benefits: Full benefits package including health benefits and a generous 401k match.
Interested candidates should submit resume to FCLjobs@fugro.com , Attention: Human Resources Coordinator.
To be considered, please reference job number and job title in cover letter.