Geospatial Analyst - Deployed (Job Number: 318541)
SAIC's Mission Support Business Unit (MSBU) currently has a need for a Journeyman Level Geospatial Analyst to support our DOD customer in Springfield, VA.
To be considered for this opportunity all applicants MUST possess an active TOP SECRET security clearance with current SCI access. This position involves rotational OCONUS deployments of up to 180-days to hazardous duty locations with the primary location as Springfield, VA.
As Geospatial Intelligence Analyst, the candidate will apply expert knowledge of ArcGIS while performing a range of geospatial and imagery analyses for an intelligence customer. The candidate will be required to deploy for up to 180 days in hazardous duty locations and will return to Springfield, VA, to continue providing support to the customer’s CONUS operations. The candidate will work directly with customers and team members to create, edit, evaluate research, evaluate, analyze, and fuse reporting from multiple sources and datasets to produce current and finished geospatial intelligence maps and other intelligence products. The candidate will prepare geospatial products and present intelligence assessments to customers and advise key leadership of intelligence issues and challenges as appropriate. The candidate will exercise oral and written communication skills to collaborate and interact with analysts within the customer agency, military service components, and DoD and national-level intelligence
- MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree or applicable work experience in lieu of a degree is required. Candidates should have completed foundational training in Geospatial Information Systems (GIS). A minimum of three years relevant experience is required. The candidate must have expertise with the following:
- Expertise with standard geospatial analysis software suites, including, but not limited to: ERDAS IMAGINE, FalconView and SOCET SET.
- Expertise with GIS applications such as ArcGIS, ArcView, ArcExplorer, Google Earth, and Microsoft Virtual Earth.
- Expertise with digital data formats such as vector data, shapefiles, geospatial databases, GML, and XML.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a hostile, deployed environment.
- ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should have knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of the Intelink database.
- Understanding of CIB1, TLM, DTED, SRTM, NTM, DNC, and DVOF.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive technical reports.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Nov 26, 2012, 12:46:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 2 years ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...