Geospatial Analyst - TS/SCI
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
The Advanced Geospatial Solutions Operating Unit of Northrop Grumman Information Systems is a leading provider of geospatial solutions supporting our nation’s defense and intelligence initiatives. We are seeking a Geospatial Analyst. The position will be based out of Norfolk, VA.
The ideal candidate shall have a working knowledge of at least one and preferably multiple electronic light tables and exploitation workstations to include: ArcGIS and extensions; Falcon View, Erdas Imagine, GoogleEarth, Adobe Photoshop; Microsoft Office; Data Master; Socet GXP; RemoteView; Vitec Viper; Digital Imagery Exploitation Production System (DIEPS); Restricted Customer’s Deployable Systems (NDS), and Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC), as well as the use of a traditional hardcopy light table. The ideal candidate shall also understand and be able to query various National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG) information systems, including but not limited to the National Exploitation System (NES) and Imagery Exploitation Support System (IESS). The candidate shall be certified or be able to certify on the various National Imagery Interpretation Rating Systems (NIIRS). The ideal candidate shall also have a working knowledge of multi-spectral imagery, hyper-spectral imagery, the targeting process, battle damage assessment, and secondary imagery transmission/archive systems, Image Product Library (IPL), Restricted Customer Gateway, Commercial Satellite Imagery Library (CSIL) and the Geospatial Intelligence Library (GIL). The candidate shall have working knowledge of C2PC and shall be knowledgeable of geospatial information systems, both current and emerging. Other beneficial skills include: data acquisition, research and retrieval methods using the Restricted Customer’s Gateway to access data and products; Data Bundler; Web-Based Access and Retrieval Portal (WARP).
• Bachelor degree and 2+ years of experience. 4 additional years of experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Active current Top Secret/SCI level clearance.
• Knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry.
• Knowledge of and experience with ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, TerraExplorer/Builder, RemoteView, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA (or some other object oriented programming/scripting language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data.
• Must have the capability to read and understand intelligence issues, military affairs, and use GIS to develop Geospatial Intelligence reports and products to solve problems.
• Expertise in photogrammetry, remote sensing, image processing, or regional expertise is also desirable.
• Demonstrated knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes and sensors.
• Demonstrated MS Word, PowerPoint, database entry and graphic design principles skills.
• Demonstrated customer support skills.
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...