Under the direction and supervision of the Home Care Manager, Nurse, and Coordinator, the Geriatric Aide provides direct services to the frail elderly in their homes.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide personal care and chore services to participants in their own homes according to the individual treatment plan (i.e. grooming, dressing, showers, peri-care, toileting, housekeeping, preparation of meals, assisting participants to eat, assisting with medications as needed, and laundry).
- Demonstrates safe practices, by utilizing proper body mechanics, adhering to universal precautions, and maintaining environmental safety.
- Interacts and provides services to participants, families and team members in a professional manner (i.e. encourage participation in conversation and activities). Communicates observations to team members.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- HHA or CNA certification preferred.
- One or more years experience in working with the elderly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary team.
- Must be flexible to work assigned shifts in center and/or private homes.
- Mandarin or Spanish speaking preferred.
- Physical activities require the ability to stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear, and repetitive motion of the wrist and hands.
- Physical requirement: visual acuity and the ability to lift/move up to 75 lbs occasionally and up to 50 lbs frequently.
To apply for this position, please contact Jessica Mathers at Jessica.Mathers@amnhealthcare.com or apply directly at www.onlok.org