Job Requisition ID: 27220
Job Type: Manufacturing and Production
Work Time: Regular
State: Florida (US-FL)
Postal/Zip Code: 33629
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope™ is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, Tampa FL is seeking a safety conscious, energetic, self-motivated, team oriented individual for our Production Department.
Nature: This is a general laborer position performed in a manufacturing environment. The employee is expected to perform any function requested by management. This position requires that material including glass be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the glass/object throughout the plant. Muscular, cardiovascular and upper/lower body manipulation is used to move the glass/object through the glass fabrication process (bending, twisting, and reaching). Gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver glass/objects to platform heights of three feet in a manner considered safe for self and others. The on/off-loading of glass from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours daily. Position requires standing and walking on a concrete floor while wearing steel-toed shoes for eight or more hours daily. The "team concept" instituted for shop floor production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions for the job.
Equipment: dollie, crane, pallet jack, glass cups, glass sheet pull tool, tape measure,
Medical, prescription card, dental, std, ltd, life insurance, AD&D, 401K
Employment is contingent on passing a background check, pre-placement physical, and drug screen.
AA/EEO Employer M/F/V/D
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS CONSIDERED
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to grasp and squeeze small parts and large items like glass
- Read, understand, and communicate paperwork and labels.
- Understand units of measurement and be able to perform general mathematical equations.
- Ability to stand on concrete for up to 12 hours per day
- Ability to wear protective sweater, hard hat, steel toe boots, safety glasses and ear plugs
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Read and use a tape measure.
- Flexibility to work in other departments as needed.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under time constraints.
- Ability to work with co-workers and supervisors with good teamwork skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work 1st or 2nd shifts, Mon-Fri, with periods of required over time before and after normal shift hours and on occasion, Saturday and Sunday.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...