Global Communications Intern:GLO000180
Merck is a global healthcare leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Future Talent Program features paid internships targeted to start in June, 2012 for 9 - 11 weeks, with the potential for part-time work during the school semester, and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Global Communications Intern's role will include the following:
- Support Merck Global Communications and help to assess the department's current methods for archiving materials, such as news releases, fact sheets, standby statements and backgrounders.
- Liaise with multiple public relations agencies and internal stakeholders who support communications activities for billion dollar medicines and vaccines, like JANUVIA, GARDASIL and NASONEX.
- Help to audit and organize the department's historical document management system, as well as help to outline a process for organizing critical communications materials moving forward.
- Assist with special communications projects in support of Merck's U.S. and global primary care business, and attend onsite events, as needed.
- Pursuing B.A. or B.S. in Business, Communications, Public Relations or related major
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience
- Strong organizational skills
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
- Ability to communicate confidently with internal stakeholders and levels of senior management
- Experience with digital filing systems (network drives, teamsites)
merck.com/careers to create a profile and your resume for requisition # GL0000180.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Primary Location: US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Merck & Co. - 19 months ago
Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical giant's...