JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Compliance & Regulatory Management
Global Compliance & Regulatory Management plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by developing and maintaining a program infrastructure that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business globally. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment.
The Compliance Practices group within Global Compliance & Regulatory Management is responsible for the design and governance of common standards and practices to be used across the global Compliance organization. Such practices include a common approach and framework for risk assessment, testing and monitoring activities. The Practices team partners with the Chief Compliance Officers across the firm in the development and enhancement of the standards and practices, and with the Compliance Business Infrastructure team in the design of the needed tools to support the framework.
JPMorgan Chase is seeking talented candidates for a position in our Global Compliance Testing Group in New York City. The Global Compliance Testing Group supports the various Compliance Testing teams across all JPMorgan Chase lines of business (LOB) globally. Responsibilities will include the planning, initiation, execution and documentation of Compliance Tests across various LOBs. The proven ability to identify issues with a focus on improving operational efficiency and effectiveness is essential.
In addition to working collaboratively with existing Compliance Testing teams, the role will include heavy interaction and collaboration with LOB management across the Firm.
The role reports directly to the Global Head of Compliance Testing.
Specific capabilities required for the position include:
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Interpersonal skills – ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like way, and achieve goals without direct control over resources
- Attention to detail
- Defining and deconstructing problems
- Analyzing operational and financial data
- Ability to initiate, execute and document a Compliance Test
- Synthesizing data and developing recommendations
- Creating concise reports and presenting findings to senior management
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems and communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written)
- Familiarity with products, processes, rules and regulations that are relevant to a large broker dealer and/or bank
- Excellent and efficient skills using Word and MS Excel tools (absolutely required)
Requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
- B.A. required MBA or CPA a plus
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Public or Internal Audit, Compliance Testing or Regulatory Examination experience
- Independent - takes initiatives with bias towards action
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize conflicting needs and work in a high pressured environment.
US-NY-New York-277 Park Avenue / 03363
Office of the General Counsel
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...