The mission of the role is to enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our employees. This role will accomplish this mission by partnering with executives and senior leaders across the global organization to set the strategic benefit program agenda, considering HR and business priorities, industry pay practices, and emerging market pay trends.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Director, Global Benefits is responsible for leading MoneyGram’s Benefits function on a global scale, including health, welfare and retirement programs that support the Company’s talent strategy and are consistent with its total rewards philosophy.
This position reports to the Vice President of Global Compensation & Benefits. The incumbent will collaborate with members of the Global Compensation and Global HRIS/Payroll teams, Regional and Country HR business partners and business partners in development of benefits strategy, plan design and management/administration, and employee communications.
- Drive the development of the global benefits strategy, including wellness and cost mitigation plans.
- Lead the evaluation of benefits programs offered in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific to ensure we provide innovative county-specific programs in the 25+ countries in which we have operations that allow us to attract and retain key talent while ensuring the programs are compliant, competitive and delivered in a cost effective manner.
- Continually assess our benefit plans in light of emerging legislative, social and business trends and make recommendations for changes to benefit programs to better meet the changing needs of the business and its employees in alignment with the Global Benefits Strategy.
- Partner with HR and Business Unit Leaders to review and gain acceptance for recommended benefit program changes.
- Conduct RFPs of benefit consulting companies and benefits providers; manage ongoing relationships with contracted vendors to ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of services.
- Evaluate the Benefits administration systems and processes, identify areas for continuous process improvement, and implement appropriate changes.
- Partner with colleagues in Legal, and Finance to ensure the benefits programs are compliant and properly budgeted and funded. Partner with Finance to streamline and improve benefits funding and payment processes.
- Develop benefit communications plans to improve employee understanding and to meet employee participation objectives in key benefits programs.
- Manage the benefits program spend in line with the overall corporate allocation budget and with the benefits consulting/projects budget.
Collaborate with HR Business Partners to develop programs/approaches that attract and retain key talent.
Ensure that benefit programs comply with legal requirements on a worldwide basis in locations and jurisdictions in which the company operates.
Provide strategic and functional benefits leadership and guidance to shared service staff.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree and 15 years experience in HR/Benefits, including Benefits Strategy, Plan Design, Cost Management and Analysis.
- Minimum 5 years international benefits experience.
- CEBS and/or GRP certifications are a plus.
- Meaningful experience with communication to executive/board level management.
- Excellent knowledge of the financial and key contractual drivers of benefit program costs.
- Proficient in retirement plan governance and administration, global legislation, and US compliance including ERISA, HIPAA, Section 125, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively managing relationships with consulting companies, external legal and auditing firms, benefit providers.
- Experienced with implementing the administration of global benefit plans within a HRMS application.
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio software skills.
- Results driven leader, acts with sense of urgency.
- Ability to maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and outstanding communication and interpretation skills, including but not limited to negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to adapt to various groups and establish common ground to effectively lead or influence others.
- Strong technical, managerial and team building skills with the ability to balance tactical and strategic responsibilities.
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Project management and presentation skills.
Education and/or Special Training:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience; CEBS and/or GRP certifications are a plus
MoneyGram - 2 years ago