Global Head of Storage Services - ED
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.3 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan and Chase brands. Information about the firm is available at
Storage Services is a key function with the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) organisation and is responsible for managing the plan, build and operate of the firm's global storage infrastructure. The IaaS portfolio consists of over 110,000 server instances and over 200PB of Storage under management. The IaaS organization drives product selection and management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives for GTI led infrastructure technologies across the firm.
The storage team is accountable for the global delivery of storage services across the enterprise. This includes the design, architecture, engineering, service management and L3 operational support of all storage technologies in the firm including SAN, NAS and back-up.
- Manage the IaaS storage service globally within a ‘follow-the-sun’ model. This includes, but is not restricted to; San, NAS, CAS and back-up and restore technologies
- Setting technical strategic direction and driving engineering and service roadmaps for storage technologies
- Managing the departmental budgets, P&L and service charge back process.
- Managing the engineering, Level 3 operations and service delivery functions for the storage service
- Manage all team risk and security requirements, escalating where there are gaps and delivering tactical and strategic remediation plans
- Provide executive steerage for incident escalation – directing resource and effort as required
- Deliver process improvement through constant review both internally and with partner departments
- Proactively manage the estate efficiency and hygiene by maintaining the infrastructure to known engineering standards.
- Ensure all problem management actions are complied with and to schedule
- Partnering with the Client engagement team to provide SME knowledge and LOB engagement as required
- Represent IaaS Storage Services to the business, risk and compliance contacts
- Ensure team capacity reporting to maintain and accommodate demand projections
- Departmental KPI metric tracking and reporting
- Identify and deliver cost saving initiatives
- Proven track recording in managing a large multidiscipline infrastructure technology organisations
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and storage technologies
- Experience of financial management, benchmarking and investment planning
- ITIL or similar IT service management and operational experience
- Proven track record of managing diverse global organisations
- Proven experience defining and implementing metrics and decision making based on the data
- Leadership experience in managing cross-departmental delivery and the flexibility to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with senior management and engineers, as well as develop good client relationships
- Innovative mindset and automations solutions experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving, decision making and relationship building skills
- Good understand of Change, Incident, Problem and Risk Management practices
- College degree or equivalent work experience
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
US-NY-New York-237 Park Avenue (BSC) / 41037
US-NJ-Jersey City-NOC 5 - 575 Washington / 02969
Central Technology & Ops
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...