The Global Inventory Planner will be responsible for the forecasting of assigned Product Line(s), maintaining inventory aging and SLOB (slow moving and obsolete inventory) as well as ensuring execution of filled intermediate production plans with supply base. Planner will conduct analysis for the Global Supply Chain organization to guarantee efficient planning and flow of materials throughout the supply chain, supply base to fulfillment centers (FFC), new launches (working with Product Management group (Purchase Order Requisitions (PO REQ)) and existing products (MRP (material requirements planning) demand planning). The Global Inventory Planner will work with internal and external business partners to determine forecasting requirements and develop production plans which meet objectives, optimize inventory investment and facilitate efficient utilization of manufacturing resources. This is a global role may span across multiple sites and time zones.
- Create, maintain, and ensure execution of the Filled Intermediate production plans to support the objectives of assigned products globally. (Filled Intermediate/Kit forecasting and Materials Requirements Planning (MRP))
- Manage demand, drive supply plan, and ensure the timely inventory availability to support assembly schedule at the fulfillment centers.
- Work within the MRP system (Oracle 12) to plan and execute filled intermediate production optimizing MRP exception messages, On-Time-Delivery (“OTD”), Past Dues, meeting Inventory Weeks of Stock (WOS) targets, manage Excess, and Forecast Accuracy along with other performance goals as outlined in department objectives.
- Analyze, adjust and maintain monthly, MRP planning parameters to align with service and inventory targets. Collaborate with Sourcing for joint responsibility maintaining inventory levels within approved safety stock and inventory policy guidelines per the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in Strategic Supply Base. In addition, collaborate with Sourcing to maintain Sourcing Rules to meet department objectives.
- Work to minimize slow moving and obsolete inventory (SLOB) by projecting sales opportunity and inventory relief in support of Annual Operating Plan (AOP) commitments through collaboration with Marketing Operations, and Channel Managers.
- Support the global sales and operations planning (S&OP) process by conducting rough cut capacity planning (RCCP) at the supply base to ensure future demands can be supported.
- Track significant forecast-to-actual unit variances and recommend appropriate revisions to the demand plan while prioritizing product allocations during periods of constrained supply.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement efforts to streamline processes and procedures to remove non-value added effort.
- Participate in product life cycle planning with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Packaging/Product Development and Technology to determine unit demand during new product introductions, product maturity and end-of-life periods.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 years Material Planning, Scheduling and MRP/ERP experience (i.e. Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards)
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) systems (Oracle 12 (preferred), JD Edwards, SAP, etc.) and collaborative planning tools
- Advanced computer skills. (Microsoft Office, Excel Required)
- Must be highly analytical and have the ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to Travel up to 10%.
- Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain required
- APICS certification preferred
Guthy|Renker - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard