Job Category: Operations
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 816802-98039
It’s an exciting time to be in Microsoft Operations as we transform into a devices and services company… come join us and play a key role in leading us into Microsoft’s New Era!
This is a new WW leadership position in Microsoft Operations. The Global Program Manager (GPM) for Hardware in Volume Licensing (VL) will be a member of the Volume Licensing Program Operations (VLPO) team within Commercial Operations. This workgroup is responsible for Global Programs and Global initiatives across the Volume Licensing Business stream.
The purpose of the Hardware in VL GPM is to design, launch and manage Hardware in VL for Operations in conjunction with the four Regional Operations Centers (ROCs). The GPM will be responsible for designing and delivering a global, standard and efficient operational model across all regions that meets our governance requirements and ensures a seamless Customer experience. This role will be a pivotal Stakeholder engagement role acting as the interface between Worldwide Licensing and Pricing (WWLP), Enterprise Commerce Information Technology (ECIT), Worldwide Operations and Business Groups among others. The role involves engaging with and influencing worldwide stakeholder groups at a senior management level with the purpose of co-designing launches, prioritizing requirements and ensuring we have the necessary infrastructure and resources in place to support current and future business requirements. The Hardware in VL GPM will manage a virtual team of regional Program & Process Managers in each regional operations center to ensure that regional requirements and readiness are represented in an overall solution for each related launch.
There is also an impactful leadership component of the role to play in ensuring that all ROC leads are aligned in support of optimum global design, processes and procedures to support the introduction and continued management of Hardware in Volume Licensing.
- Act as Global operations representative in program design, policy, process and governance discussions relating to the introduction and management of Hardware in VL.
- Develop solid business relationships with key Microsoft stakeholder groups to clearly understand their business goals, challenges and priorities and provide input to strategic thinking, planning and design for Hardware in VL.
- Act as the global operations point of contact for Hardware in VL - designing project scope, approach, process/systems design and timelines.
- Establish a strong virtual team across the four regional operation centers ensuring the needs of all internal ROC groups are represented in the Hardware in VL launch.
- Customer and Partner Experience - ensure CPE input into the design of Hardware in VL and provide feedback to global groups on the experiences and satisfaction levels of customer and partners post launch.
- Identify, prioritize and drive global operations process optimization and standardization for Hardware in VL.
- Identify areas of process improvement and opportunity for COGs reductions and implement same.
- Global Metrics & Reporting - build and maintain a structure for standard metrics and reporting on the Hardware in VL business.
- Ensure Execution Excellence by delivering on the roadmap for the introduction of Hardware devices in VL through the use of the First & Last Mile Excellence design framework.
This position has frequent contact with several different levels of management within MS Operations, Worldwide Licensing & Pricing (WWLP), and Enterprise Commerce Information Technology (ECIT) among other teams. The candidate must have very strong communication skills and have experience in dealing with senior levels including Director and GM levels.
5+ years Program Management experience, preferably in Volume Licensing
Clearly demonstrate Microsoft values with a special emphasis on willingness to take on big challenges, passion for customers, drive for results, partners and technology
Excellent cross group collaboration skills
Demonstrated experience in process improvement and reengineering
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills required
Strong, mature presence to ensure effective relationships
Ability to work to tight deadlines, anticipate and react to frequently changing business climate
Ability to work effectively cross-organizationally and cross-culturally
Results driven and proven track record of successfully implementing key programs globally
A Masters Degree will be an added advantage
o Cross-Boundary Collaboration
o Impact and Influence
o Global Process Management
o Project Management
o Interpersonal Awareness
o Strategic Insight
o Global Insight
o Analytical Problem Solving
Microsoft - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...