Posting Title Global SMB and Commercial Programs - Senior Marketing Manager About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division The Marketing & Alliances teams play an instrumental role in helping to build VMware into a category-defining company. As part of the team, you will work to build, evangelize and deliver world-class virtualization solutions, products, and services to customers and partners. Job Description VMware’s Global SMB and Commercial Marketing organization is a function at VMware focused on delivering programs and solutions to companies with 5000 or less employees. Working extensively with sales, partners, product marketing, corporate marketing and regional marketing, the Global programs team design, drive and revise go-to-market plans to meet short and long term revenue goals for the market. This position is specifically focused on programs for VMware’s Hybrid Cloud solution.
This position will work with the key stakeholders in the Segment team and Cloud Services Business Unit to understand the overall strategy and goals and build marketing plans that align to the customers buying cycle and deliver results. This candidate will participate as a key member of the go-to-market segment team and will work with the global marketing functions, BU, and regions to drive the integrated marketing plan for the Hybrid Cloud solution.
In addition to working with corporate and partner marketing functions, this position will engage with outside agencies as needed to develop integrated marketing plans that include program objectives, messaging, and measurable ROI including:
- Collaborate with Corporate marketing to develop awareness programs to increase brand awareness and reputation for hybrid cloud.
- Influence design of website and contextual search marketing to support the cloud services buy cycle. Drive online promotions to increase leads for geographies.
- Access to a clean marketing database for effective target marketing.
- Online and Print Demand Generation. Manage media budget and assets to drive lead generation. Work with geo teams to meet lead targets.
- Social Media. Drive social media and community activities and engagement through the appropriate social media channels for hybrid cloud
- Partner Enablement. Promote call blitz, scripts, call-to-actions and lists for prospecting efforts across all channels.
- Work with segment ops team and regional marketing team to analyze go-to-market effectiveness by providing thorough results and measurement
Requisition Number 39676BR
- Minimum of 6-8 years managing global or regional SMB marketing programs in large, fast-paced high tech company or agency with high tech client work.
- Proven ability to work in multiple disciplines across multiple geographies. Prefer second language skills.
- Proven track record delivering innovative, creative and integrated plans that increase awareness, drive demand generation and ensure enablement.
- Experience managing third party vendors
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work independently, problem solve, improvise, and function as part of a team that often must perform under pressure
- Experience fostering collaboration and teamwork across cross-functional teams that are not under direct control
- Superior communications skills, both written and verbal
- Team player skilled at both leading a team and working in teams Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...