Google Apps Consultant
Since 2006, Appirio has helped companies power their business with the cloud. We provide professional services backed by a team of 600 strategy and technology experts, an innovative technology platform, and a 60,000 person crowdsourcing community that lets enterprises move faster, rethink processes and change the way their employees work. We’ve been recognized by organizations such as the World Economic Forum, the Wall Street Journal, Gartner and IDC, and are backed by Sequoia Capital, GGV and General Atlantic.
Cloud, social and mobile are changing the face of IT and business and Appirio is at the heart of this revolution. We offer employees the opportunity to work with industry pioneers, the latest in technology, and some of the most innovative customers in the world.
- Enthusiastic, professional, and confident personality, with a focus on customer success
- Excellent listening skills to fully understand the customer requirements and pain points
- Ability to translate customer requirements into implementation plans
- Technical acumen to convert plans into real solutions that work
- Driven by customer success with a team player attitude
- Located and able to work in the U.S. and able to travel up to 40-60%
- Looking for a full-time position
Appirio is focused on enabling companies to migrate to Google Apps as an alternative to legacy messaging systems such as Microsoft Exchange. Consultants will work onsite and remotely with customers to analyze their requirements, develop designs, and implement Google Apps. Specific areas of concentration include:
- Aiding customers in migration planning, system design, and implementation of Google Messaging and Apps
- Facilitating administrator and end user training and adoption
- Integrating Google Apps with on-premise mail, calendaring, and directory services using the Google Apps API
- Leading customers through development of iGoogle-based dashboards
- Integrating Google Apps with other software-as-a-service systems such as Salesforce.com
- Legacy messaging system configuration and migrations
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience with administration of messaging systems
- Experience configuring and administering an enterprise messaging system, preferably Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, or Novell GroupWise
- Familiarity with messaging-related protocols such as LDAP, Active Directory, XMPP, iCal, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and MX routing
- Familiarity with authentication methods including single sign-on with SAML
- Some experience with scripting and command line interfaces
- Strong presentation and communication skills
This position may be based in any region in the U.S..
Selected applications must be able to work from a home office.
Salary and Benefits
- Comprehensive health plan through Anthem Blue Cross, MetLife and VSP including medical, dental, and vision coverage (full-time employees only)
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plans (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary and bonus structures based on experience
- Submit your application and resume to Appirio.
- Successful candidates will be interviewed via telephone, then in person.
Appirio provides products and services to accelerate the adoption of on-demand solutions such as salesforce.com and Google Enterprise.