Health Net, Inc. is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net, through its subsidiaries, provides and administers health benefits to approximately 5.4 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net's behavioral health services subsidiary, Managed Health Network, Inc., provides behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs to approximately 4.9 million individuals, including Health Net's own health plan members. Health Net's subsidiaries also offer managed health care products related to prescription drugs, and offer managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company's website at
Government Proposal Writer, Sr develops proposals and other collateral, such as responses to RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, and unsolicited papers in support of business plan targets. This position reports to the Director, Proposals and supports both the Director and Proposal Manager in leading small efforts and in fulfilling writing and editing tasks on large efforts involving multiple team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports proposal development by leading the writing of technical, management, and past performance proposal sections that are comprehensible, organized, succinct, persuasive, compliant and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Writes and edits proposal sections, leads volumes, and incorporates win themes.
- Synthesizes text and ideas from multiple authors, including SMEs and consultants.
- Compiles information for each section and edits language to ensure one voice.
- Edits for consistency, clarity, grammar, and syntax, and complies with customer requirements.
- Analyzes solicitation requirements and RFP specifications, writes original text, and validates compliance.
- Attends strategy meetings and participates in review teams.
- Acts as a focal point for the collection of information from various sources.
- Works closely with SMEs to obtain information needed.
- Recommends improvements in writing/editing policies, processes, and tools.
- Works with proposal artists to capture key messages in graphics. Also supports full-cycle activities such as Q/A, BAFO, and Oral Presentations.
- Contributes to development of intellectual capital, and tools and systems to promote efficiency and effectiveness in new business development capture.
- Assists with proposal production, including quality assurance checks.
- Notifies others of new information or information updates after each bid.
- Provides other similar duties as requested.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Marketing or Communications; formal proposal training preferred, including training for Oral Proposals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum five years experience in professional writing (mass media, deadline-oriented); including minimum three years with government proposals.
- Minimum three years technical, public relations or marketing writing experience strongly desired.
As a government contractor, this position requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security.
- Familiarity with healthcare environment, including managed care; healthcare cost recovery concepts is desirable.
- Knowledge of government proposals, including standards and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand and effectively communicate technical (not IT or computer) concepts in a compelling, persuasive manner to non-technical persons.
- Excellent ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts, including cross-company teams.
- Capable of working under tight deadlines and on several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent time and resource management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; graphics software experience a plus.
The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position. Please note that 'constant' refers to more than 81% of time; 'significant' refers to 40-80%; and 'moderate' refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Constant interaction with others may be required. May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required. This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Constant thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one issue to the next.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions - making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Moderate phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D.
Health Net - 10 months ago