A graduate student in an institution of higher education employed in support of a department or unit responsible for work assigned by the supervisor within the unit or department, which utilizes knowledge beyond undergraduate academic studies.
- A graduate student employed to perform work which utilizes knowledge beyond undergraduate academic studies. This position is intended for graduate students employed capacities other than teaching or research.
- This position will work in the Project FRONTIER (Facing Rural Obstacles to healthcare now Through Intervention, Education & Research)Rural research lab and will assist with research data.
- Duties include managing data files, literature reviews, scoring research tests, data entry, and other duties as assigned.
- Must complete and maintain CITI training and maintain security and confidentiality best practices of protected data.
Education and Experience
- Currently enrolled as a graduate student at TTU or TTUHSC , in good academic standing.
- Knowledge and ability to use SAS , SPSS , or other statistical software.
- Experience working with large data sets or utilizing secondary data sources
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,)
- Ability to understand with a variety of abstract
and concrete variables.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
- This is a non-exempt position paid on an hourly basis.
- An individual previously enrolled as a student in the spring term, or who is expected to enroll in the fall term, may be employed as a student employee between the spring and fall terms.
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.