The Office of Development (fundraising office) has an opening for a Special Events Graduate Assistant. The individual will assist the special events team with events hosted by the Office of Development, Provost-hosted events, and the UIC Urban Forum hosted by the Chancellor and the College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs.
HOURS: 20 hours per week, 50% assistantship. This is a one year assistantship.
SALARY: Monthly stipend plus tuition waiver
START DATE: Thursday, May 16, 2013 (With some availability for training the week prior: May 6-10, 2013)
- Assisting with the day-to-day tasks relating to upcoming events
- Staff major events (may require some evenings and weekends)
- Managing invitation and RSVP lists
- Coordinating mailings
- Handling guest follow-up prior to events
- Responsible for the day-of needs such as: check-in lists, name tags, event binder, internal catering orders, etc.
- Assist with maintaining department files and event databases
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a CURRENT UIC GRADUATE STUDENT in good academic standing
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word; ability to facilitate mail merges.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean record.
- Previous experience with events a plus, but not mandatory.
To apply: Please submit resume, cover letter and three professional or academic references via the UIC Job Board. Application deadline is April 12, 2013.
Back to Job Board
University of Illinois at Chicago - 2 years ago