The Office of Development (fundraising office) has an opening for a Special Events Graduate Assistant. The individual will assist the special events team with events hosted by the Office of Development, Provost-hosted events, and the UIC Urban Forum hosted by the Chancellor and the College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs.
HOURS: 20 hours per week, 50% assistantship. This is a one year assistantship.
SALARY: Monthly stipend plus tuition waiver
START DATE: Thursday, May 16, 2013 (With some availability for training the week prior: May 6-10, 2013)
- Assisting with the day-to-day tasks relating to upcoming events
- Staff major events (may require some evenings and weekends)
- Managing invitation and RSVP lists
- Coordinating mailings
- Handling guest follow-up prior to events
- Responsible for the day-of needs such as: check-in lists, name tags, event binder, internal catering orders, etc.
- Assist with maintaining department files and event databases
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a CURRENT UIC GRADUATE STUDENT in good academic standing
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word; ability to facilitate mail merges.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean record.
- Previous experience with events a plus, but not mandatory.
To apply: Please submit resume, cover letter and three professional or academic references via the UIC Job Board. Application deadline is April 12, 2013.
Back to Job Board