Technology / Information Technology;
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
Get the cutting-edge skills you need in a fun, innovative environment. We're looking for the leaders of tomorrow-so if you're ready to develop the knowledge, skills, and professionalism to complement your degree, we invite you to apply.
The Disney Technology Solutions and Services (DTSS) organization provides scalable, reliable enterprise-wide networks and computing platforms to all of the Disney businesses through integrated service aggregation from multiple internal and external providers. DTSS is guided by the principles of being service focused and easy to do business with, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage and continuous improvement.
As a Graduate Co-op Software Engineer working in the Disney DTSS Engineering organization, you will be involved in the development of applications and services that support customer-facing products developed by our partners across The Walt Disney Company, who include ESPN, Disney Interactive, Disney Studios, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, ABC, ABC News, Marvel Comics and others.
As part of the DTSS engineering team, you will be focused on developing web sites and prototypes that exercise these services and are provided as toolkits for our Disney developer community. You will participate in a variety of challenging software development projects, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment as part of agile development teams with other talented software engineers.
- Experience developing frontend applications and websites
- Experience developing backend applications using Java (or other object-oriented language) is desired
- Experience in UE/UX design a plus
- Proficiency in the following:
o AJAX RESTful API use
o Design patterns and object oriented design
- Proven ability to design and build applications with an emphasis on performance, high-reliability and maintainability
- Willingness in working with highly-collaborative teams using agile software development process
- Strong sense of commitment to end-user experience
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Must be a self-starter that can drive projects forward with minimal management oversight
Job Posting Industries
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technology discipline
- Currently enrolled in a Masters program
Digital / Interactive
This co-op position is with the legal entity Disney Worldwide Services. This co-op position is six months, beginning January 2013.
iCIMS Social Distribution - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard