Technology / Information Technology;
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Business Technology Partner (BTP) role reports to Disney Technology Solutions and Services (DTSS), which is responsible for managing technology solutions and services to the corporate division of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), as well as oversight of enterprise-wide solutions. This role will support several of the Corporate Finance business areas (Treasury, Credit and Collections, Investor Relations and Shareholder Services). The position will report into the Sr. Manager, BTP Corporate Finance.
TWDC Corporate Finance Group utilizes more the 40 technology tools and applications to support and execute Disney's World-Wide Corporate Finance Strategy. In this role the intern will work with a variety of IT and Corporate Finance staff to deliver the following project objectives:
This project will become a foundational input to assist and guide in the development of a 5 year technology roadmap for TWDC Corporate Finance Group and will be shared with senior finance and IT staff.
- Define how current technologies are being used to support Disney's global strategy.
- Document the various functions and capability each technology solution delivers including current user issues and/or capability gaps.
- Diagram each of the various Corporate Finance groups technology "eco-system" including data flow, stakeholders and business process.
- Document and analyze value add of the respective technology portfolios and identification of areas of improvement or risk.
- Identify and analyze technology providers in the Corporate Finance Segment including vendor SWOT analysis, viability and strategic fit as a potential Disney provider.
- Evaluate overall environment including technology gaps, process improvement opportunities, application or tool consolidation.
- Benchmark technology environment with company's and industry trends.
- Recommendation as to 6, 12 and 18 month action items and priorities.
- Preparation of a "Findings" slide deck to be shared with IT and Corporate Finance audiences.
- 2+ years experience managing or conducting business analysis for IT or Finance projects.
- 2+ years Corporate Finance experience.
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, large-company environment.
- Leads regular internal meetings (scheduling, meeting minutes, agendas, and portfolio documentation updates) to ensure tracking of status and updates and meetings are productive.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills including the ability to effectively measure results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Results-oriented. Ability to meet deadlines and perform activities in a time critical, highly confidential process.
- Ability to understand and follow policies and processes.
- Ability to interact and communicate with Corporate Finance Senior Management Teams.
- Ability to hold work processes and activities confidential.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, change priorities and be flexible.
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to create and follow a project plan.
- Demonstrated abilities in business process mapping and re-engineering, including business analysis methods.
- Strong relationship management skills. Interacts effectively and is able to influence at multiple levels in the organization.
- Knowledge/experience of standard IT methodologies to ensure consistently high quality of deliverables.
Job Posting Industries
- BA/BS in Business Administration/Finance/Technology or related field
- Actively pursuing MBA
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services
iCIMS Social Distribution - 20 months ago