Job Title: Graduate Pharmacist (Staff Pharmacist/RSP)
Location: Hannaford Banner
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Process prescriptions accurately and supervise others in the process in accordance with current laws, ethics and Company policies.
2. Provide outstanding customer service and patient counseling in the areas of prescription and OTC medications, durable medical equipment and other evolving health care needs.
3. Act as a liaison between the store and healthcare professionals, patients and law enforcement.
4. Comply with all state and Federal laws pertaining to pharmacy practices. Adhere to established Company standards of practice
5. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of patient and company information.
6. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
7. Promote and participate in initiatives to grow the pharmacy business as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Partner with Store Managers and other associates.
2. Responsible for professional and business operations within the pharmacy department.
3. Identify store level sales and marketing opportunities in conjunction with the Store Manager.
4. Supervise the performance of duties and responsibilities of all pharmacy associates.
5. Ensure adequate staffing and training of pharmacy personnel.
6. Observe and adhere to all Company policies and the Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
7. Perform immunizations according to Company’s Standard Practice and expectations
8. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times to comply with Company personal appearance policy.
9. Maintain solid communication within the department and throughout the organization.
10. Work within our Company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
11. Support Company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
Degree from an accredited school of pharmacy. Successful completion of criminal background check and drug testing as required Current license in good standing in the state(s) in which to practice. Current and active immunizing pharmacist certification Complete knowledge of state and Federal laws pertaining to pharmacy practices. Desire to be a motivated caring professional with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, associates, other health care professionals, and the community at large. Willingness to work a flexible schedule consistent with a stimulating retail environment, including nights, weekends and holidays. Ability to handle multiple priorities and provide direction to associates. High levels of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality. Authorization to fill Medicare and Medicaid prescriptions.
1. Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
2. Use hands to frequently/continuously handle a variety of sizes of containers then manipulate individual pills/capsules and the equipment used to count them.
3. Clerical accuracy skills and ability to use a cash register.
4. Ability to use staplers, calculators, communication and computer systems frequently.
5. Frequent/continuous reaching, grasping, lifting, and carrying up to 10 lb. below the waist level and at or above shoulder level.
6. Bending at the knees and waist repetitively up to 30% of the work day.
7. work a schedule that averages 11.5 hours a day and 3.5 days a week.
8. Have sufficient visual acuity and audio capability to process prescriptions and service customers by phone and in person.