The UIC Center for Research on Women and Gender (CRWG) is seeking applications for the position of Graduate Research Assistant (RA). The individual in this position will assist with the implementation of research related to women’s health (40%, 16 hours/week).
* Assist with evaluation tasks, including data collection, data entry and data analysis
* Transcription of qualitative interviews and focus groups
* Assist with Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications
* Provide support for meetings and events
* Clerical tasks related to grant/project implementation and management
* Assist with the preparation of publications and presentations, under the direction of research staff
* Assist with outreach activities related to research
* Assist with grant writing and resource acquisition
* Other tasks, as needed
* Must be enrolled as a graduate student at UIC (social science, public health, or related field required)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required
* Must be dependable, organized, and detail-oriented
* Proficiency with MS Office suite required
* Experience with Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) System preferred
* Experience with research and/or grant-funded projects preferred
* Completion of IRB Human Subjects Investigator Training preferred
-Appointment: 8/16/2013 thru 12/31/2013
-Hours: 40% time (16 hrs per week), flexible schedule
* Salary at 40% FTE graduate assistant rate
* Tuition (excluding differentials) & selected fee waiver.
To apply, please include a cover letter, CV/Resume, and two samples of your writing. If you have any questions, please contact Kris at 312-413-4251.
Back to Job Board
University of Illinois at Chicago - 20 months ago