NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a Graduate Research Assistant to support the General Social Survey. The position would require 10-20 hours per week during academic year and 30-40 during the summer.
- Data Cleaning and Coding
- Compiling the GSS bibliography
- Editing and proofing
- General research support
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical reasoning, analytic, and writing skills
- Experience with computer-based data analysis (e.g., Excel, SPSS, SAS)
- The incumbent must demonstrate strong problem solving capability
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and in project teams
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software
The work could start Summer 2013 or Fall 2013.
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus and in Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, Maryland. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
National Opinion Research Center (NORC) - 7 months ago