Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Grant Writer/Compliance Officer will take the lead in writing Texas Workforce Commission Skills Development Grants, oversee corporate recognition events, and participate in other Institutional Advancement projects and events as needed. He/she will also provide procedures and guidance to current grant directors and assist project directors with the start up of new grants to ensure achievement of grant outcomes and objectives. He/she will ensure that project directors submit required programmatic reports to funders, and will work with the grant accountants to submit requests for budget amendments, ensuring that all cost transfers are prepared with appropriate backup documentation.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for workforce grant proposal development with a focus on accessing funds from state and federal agencies to provide targeted training and degree programs to students in our area.
- Take responsibility for and facilitate corporate donor recognition events and oversee the mini grant process which provides faculty with funds for academic innovation and interactive equipment.
- Develop and maintain an accurate and comprehensive reporting and tracking system for federal and state grants awarded to the college.
- Ensure project directors submit interim and final programmatic and fiscal reports for all grants as required by funding agencies and audit regulations. Establish and maintain a master report schedule.
- Assist the project directors in start-up and continued administration of grants in accordance with college policies and funders’ requirements. Provide regular grant performance feedback to supervisors of grant project directors.
- Develop and conduct in-house grant project director training.
- Act as point of contact with external partners, such as San Jacinto College, Brazosport College, etc. on grant compliance and management issues.
- Interface and meet with college staff who are sub-recipients of Lee College grants, or who are fiscal agents of grants for which Lee College has a sub-award.
- Insure that partnering college staff members provide information and data in a timely manner, and that Lee College is providing reports, invoices and other material in correct format as required to fiscal agent partners.
- Participate and work on Institutional Advancement team projects and initiatives, such as alumni events, Foundation events, and the annual reports.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to other projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- A Bachelor’s degree and successful grant writing and management experience required.
- Three (3) to four (4) years of successful experience in the research, development, submission, and administration of state funded grants, as well as, federal and privately funded grants.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to apply good organizational problem solving skills; knowledge of strategic planning, program development and evaluation, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to articulate the value of higher education.
- Ability to understand and interpret funding source guidelines and to match potential college programs/projects to funding source priorities.
- Ability to translate college priorities into programs and projects, and maximize the benefits of external funding.
- Outstanding communications ability, both oral and written, an optimistic view of the future and of people, enjoy a fast paced working environment, understand and commit to the community college mission, flexible in moving from task to task, participate as part of a team and enjoy cross training and challenges.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 16 months ago