Seedco Financial Services, Inc. (Seedco Financial) is a national Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with $54 million in assets under management. Seedco Financial seeks to stimulate economic development in communities that are underserved by traditional banking institutions by providing affordable capital, hands-on technical assistance and innovative solutions to small businesses, nonprofit organizations, real estate developers, and other CDFIs. Learn more about Seedco Financial at www.seedcofinancial.org
Under the direction of the SVP of Policy and Resource Development, the Development Manager’s principal function will be to drive, maintain and increase the organization’s funding from a variety of external sources. S/he will facilitate and oversee the development and cultivation activities, grant writing and relationship management efforts. Partner with the SVP of Policy and Resource Development and other Managing Directors to conceptualize and develop new program initiatives, concept papers, and proposals across Seedco Financial’s primary lines of business, utilizing knowledge of existing opportunities, interest from funders, and current policy trends.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate and government sources.
- Actively assist/oversee budget development for fundraising proposals as appropriate.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants. In addition, conduct ongoing research in business, philanthropy and related fields to identify potential donors and sources of donor information.
- Maintain calendar of due dates of grant progress and final reports.
- Assist in providing stewardship to current donors by providing regular written updates (newsletters etc.) to corporate and foundation donors.
- Work with supervisor and program staff to develop new programs, measurement tools, and design studies that inform policy and programs.
- Assist in the writing and designing of brochures, flyers and pamphlets for the organization.
- Make appointments for with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters as necessary.
- Assist in the organizing, planning and convening fundraising and community events.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files.
- Provide administrative support to supervisor.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in Business Administration or similar degree is preferred;
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of management/leadership experience with a focus on managing a multifunctional office with staff in multiple locations;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a diverse work environment;
- Proven track record in community economic development lending, business banking, or similar form of financial services highly preferred;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the government and non-profit sectors;
- Strong working knowledge of sourcing, origination, and credit approval aspects of a lending operation;
- Skilled in securing government and non-government funding and fee-for-service contracts;
- Familiarity with federal, regional and local programs to promote business development opportunities and to ensure compliance with related regulations;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in both informal settings and formal presentations;
- Ability to generate and understand relevant financial analysis and modeling;
- Ability to structure and negotiate strategic partnerships;
- Proven ability to lead and manage in a matrix structure;
- High level of comfort with leading teams toward improved performance;
- Ability to promote innovation and obtain continual improvement and productivity gains;
- Ability to serve as a positive role model to staff members; and
- Demonstrated ability to meet pre-established production goals.
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience; $70k range. Seedco Financial offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 403(b) plan and generous vacation time.
Please forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements in MS Word format to the email address supplied.
You must place “Development Specialist (Ref#13-001)” in the subject line of the e-mail in order for your information to be processed. We appreciate all responses, but due to the high volume of resumes received, we only contact those applicants whose qualifications best match the position requirements.
Seedco Financial Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.