Serve your community by working in the Human Services Department of St. Louis County. This is a full-time opportunity that allows you to work in the Kathy J.Weinman Domestic Violence Residential Shelter.
This position is responsible for coordinating the acquisition and management of shelter grants. It will also oversee volunteer, intern and practicum student activities.
Examples of Duties:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals.
- Conduct research and compile information in support of applications for grants or other funding sources.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grants reporting as required by donors.
- Maintain current records, manual and automated databases including grant tracking and reporting and monitoring for compliance.
- Request, process and maintain records of County ordinances for acceptance of grant monies or initiation of contract.
- Identify funding sources and apply for grants by writing proposals or providing technical assistance in the process to other staff.
- Develop, promote and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunity with the organization.
- Monitor volunteer service delivery to identify training needs, develop and improve the volunteer training program and plan and conduct general and specialized training sessions.
- Assist in the coordination of service with other agencies.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Bachelor degree in social work, the behavioral sciences or related field and two years of experience in grant writing and grant budgeting within a government agency or non-profit sector. One year experience in volunteer program management, public speaking and working with volunteers of all ages. Three years of related experience in a supervisory role. Candidates must have experience working in a DV shelter and knowledge of the DV cycle.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT: A selection committee will evaluate the qualifications of each applicant which will include recentness and appropriateness of the applicant's education and experience, answers to the supplemental questions, results of employment references investigated and any other appropriate information available.
The selection committee will admit to the interview only those persons who possess the most job related qualifications and may establish admittance criteria beyond the minimum qualifications stated above. The interview will comprise 100% of the applicant's earned grade. A candidate must earn a qualifying grade of 70 or more on the interview to be eligible for appointment.
The five top ranking candidates, based on the final grade, will be certified to the Department Director/Appointing authority who will make the final decision.
All applicants conditionally offered a permanent part time, full time; term or on-call position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Screening will be performed by a reputable clinical laboratory. The cost of screening will be borne by the County.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants interested in applying for this position should visit our website at www.stlouisco.com/personnel/jobsearch or apply in person at St. Louis County Government, Division of Personnel located at 41 S. Central 7th Floor, Clayton, MO 63105.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY: The policy of the Civil Service Commission of St. Louis County is to support fair and equitable employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability/handicap condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans’ status or political affiliation. Call the Division of Personnel at 615-5429 for more information on this policy.
41 South Central, 7th Floor, Clayton, Missouri 63105
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hearing Impaired TTY: (314)615-5889
Job Opportunity Hotline (314)615-JOBS
St. Louis County, MO - 17 months ago