UALR Functional Title
Grants and Contracts Coordinator / R99080
Research & Sponsored Programs
The Grants and Contracts Coordinator reports to the Associate Director for Post Award Activities in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and will perform functions associated with the administration of fiscal activities related to sponsored grants and contracts and will communicate with principal investigators and funding sources to resolve issues and gather information.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform grant related post award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, reconciliations, and re-budgeting.
- Perform grant set up and close out functions.
- Compile financial status reports.
- Participate and provide documentation in audits performed of sponsored programs.
- Review general ledger transactions to ensure accuracy and complete journal entries.
- Maintain regular communications with principal investigators, departmental administrative staff, and fiscal contacts at funding sources for problem resolution and information gathering.
- Participate in the education outreach activities of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
- Assess and resolve issues of the principal investigator related to grants accounting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, financial operations, laws, and terminology.
- Knowledge of federal and non-federal regulations related to research and sponsored grants and contracts preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to design, analyze, and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications.
- Direct experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to compile and analyze financial data.
Required Education and/or Experience
A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Experience in research and sponsored programs administration is preferred.
Background Check Requirements
01 - Criminal/Financial
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Daily, Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Daily, Crawling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Daily, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Daily, Walking - Long Distances; Occasionally, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Daily, Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Official transcripts will be required at time of hire.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 20 months ago