Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Assists in planning, coordinating and monitor the research activities of the unit. Develops and administers procedures designed to comply with appropriate regulations relating to the administration of government and private research grants and contracts and for the interpretation and application of such procedures and regulations.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Assists Principal Investigator with pre and post award administration and coordinating.
2. Analyzes proposed grants and contract proposals and awards for special conditions/restrictions and establishes controls as needed to ensure full compliance.
3. Provides assistance to Principal Investigators and their staff to ensure allowability and allocability available to them by counseling and/or disseminating information and guidelines of the various granting agencies.
4. Distributes to Principal Investigators pertinent information relating to contractual provisions and obligations.
5. Adjust budgets dependent upon contract requirements.
6. Coordinates activities in establishing grant protocol with institutions that may be involved in similar activities as named by the grant.
7. Assists in development of progress plans with professional organizations relative to the objective and purpose of grant funding for a particular area of research or training.
8. Compiles financial and personnel reports for grants and contracts at the departmental or school level.
9. Negotiate with agency regarding renewal of contract/subcontract.
10. Oversees proper close-out of grants and contracts, including final financial reports to grant agency.
11. Creates and maintains inventory of assets procured under contract and grant accounts.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
? Effective communication and negotiation skills
? Database and spreadsheet skills
Bachelor's degree in business or public administration with 2 years of experience or relevant experience in lieu of education. Effective communication and negotiation skills as well as database and spreadsheet skills is required.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 22 months ago
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...