Reporting to the Online Marketing Manager, the Online Marketing Coordinator will be an integral part of the marketing team who will lead YUP’s online traffic and marketing initiatives. Directly working with online publishers, search engines, ad-networks, and social networks, this role will support various programs and projects, including online marketing and advertising campaigns, the associated creative production and marketing copy, and all reporting/analysis. |
1. Maintains content management system for the department website, ancillary series, digital product websites and supply web materials to external developers.
2. Updates presentation, data and functionality of web spaces through further database development, including front-end and back-end coding and design.
3. Provides first-level customer support for ancillary series and product websites.
4. Improves existing data/metadata for title records and coordinates distribution. Analyzes web traffic, “App”/digital product purchase, searches terms and user behavior to advise search engine optimization and usage statistics for marketing plans and campaigns; creates timely reporting tools and conducts additional market research.
5. Liaises with internal and external web developers on changing systems and protocols to ensure timely delivery and updates web content.
6. Develops and maintains cross-functional and cross-organizational linkages with international office, museum/publishing partners and other external organizations that maximize impact of online marketing programs.
7. Assists with execution of online marketing campaigns, including backlist titles by communicating with authors and internal staff about website updates, blogging, social media, search term/keyword advertising and other additional online outreach.
8. Manages web domain registries, hosting and server space allotment for the department owned sites.
9. Supervises intern projects specifically related to web development and graphic design, database maintenance, and digital product research.
10. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or four years of related experience and an Associate Degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Strong understanding of ROI-oriented marketing, social media, and Internet marketing/advertising models.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Excellent management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Superior verbal, written and presentation skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Strong quantitative, analytical skills, ability to use statistics to yield actionable items.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Experience creating, managing online lead-generation advertising, social media, search engine, affiliate, web, and email marketing. Communicating results of analyses to various levels including executive management, to help make better online marketing decisions based on data. Previous experience using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Flurry to better understand website visitor behavior.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 22 months ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...