If you are a Graphic and Web Designer with 5+ years of experience and an online portfolio with BA in Graphic Design, please read on!
TouchNet is seeking a full-time, Graphic and Web Designer to join their marketing department. The designer will contribute to all stages of design projects. Job responsibilities are varied, with room for growth. Design skills will be applied to printed marketing collateral, presentation graphics, websites and electronic communication materials. Must be flexible, deadline-driven and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. We offer a creative and collaborative working environment, excellent benefits, proper work/life balance, the latest technology and competitive salary and benefits.
The Graphic and Web Designer will work under the Marketing Director and Marketing Manager in coordination with other staff to create or update marketing materials, create website(s), maintain content and related material. Responsibility highlights are below:
· Conceptualizes, designs and executes print collateral for effective promotion of corporate image and marketing initiatives
· Supports the internal marketing team on all projects including events, trade shows, email campaigns and internal meetings
· Prepares final art files, performs pre-press and serves as primary vendor interface related to print projects
· Maintains multiple user-friendly websites (internal and external) with functional and dynamic design concepts and content
· Upgrades website by updating content and graphics, monitoring performance and results, identifying and evaluating improvement
· options, introducing new technology and maintaining links
· Converts submitted documents and information into HTML or other web-enabled format
· Focus on Responsive web design
· Designs and updates online assets associated with our social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Vimeo
Desired Skills and Experience
· Works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects, makes time for unplanned assignments and adapts to changing priorities
· Ability to use independent judgment and take initiative
· Close attention to detail and high quality standards
· Excellent written communication skills
· Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Photoshop (Video editing a plus)
· Experience with standards compliant web design tools, which include HTML5, CSS3, and other XML-based applications
· Responsive design – mobile first – Bootstrap
· Extensive knowledge of PC and Mac environments for cross-platform design, development and testing
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Exact Target, SalesForce, Confluence and JIRA a plus)
Bachelor's degree in graphic/web design
Personal web site & portfolio required.
Candidates located outside of Kansas City Metropolitan area must be willing to relocate to the area at ther own expense and provide details in cover letter regarding interest and timing in doing so.