The Washington Redskins are seeking a creative and qualified intern to support the Washington Redskins Art Director by assisting in the design, development and production of creative projects and services, with the primary focus as a graphic designer. This is an unpaid position and the ideal candidate will be able to earn college credits.
The right individual must take great pride in their work and pay strong attention to detail. Applicant must have strong understanding of graphic design tools and standards along with a strong sense of design style. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while keeping organized and maintaining the highest standard of design quality in all work. Needs to be able to work as part of a team or individually. The Graphic Design intern will be a part of the Redskins Digital Media group.
A Graphic Design intern at the Washington Redskins responsibilities include the following:
- Design and layout a wide variety of print materials, such as newspaper and gameday magazine advertisements, flyers, brochures, posters, postcards, direct mail pieces and invitations
- Design and illustrate graphic materials including logos, signage and website images
- Assist with photo editing and manipulation of graphics for sponsor mockups and marketing presentations
- Preparing files for proofs, print and final outputs
- File management and archiving and documentation of all sponsored and web initiatives for annual recaps
- Assist with preparation of projects including finding useable photos, scanning and photography
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with video editing with iMovie or similar
- Ability to work on both Mac and Windows platforms
- Excellent design skills and creativity
- Knowledge of production for collateral including resolution, sizes and file types, as well as scanning, pre-press and print production
- Understanding of photography and an eye for photos that will convey necessary messages for design goals
- Highly organized, motivated and able to prioritize and multi-task under the pressure of deadlines
- Ability to take design direction
- Excellent grammatical, spelling, proofreading abilities are preferred
- Some working knowledge of html, CSS and Flash a plus
If you wish to become a part of this exciting, fast paced organization AND you meet the requirements listed above, please apply now
- This is an unpaid internship and candidates must be able to receive college credit and have completed course work in the field of Graphic Design, Advertising, or a related field
- Must provide own means of transportation to Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia
- Interested applicants must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings during peak times of the year
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No You are eligible to receive college credit
2. Yes/No You have a working knowlege of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
National Football League - 19 months ago
The National Football League (NFL) is a professional American football league that constitutes one of the four major professional sports...