JOB SUMMARY : The Graphic Designer / Video Specialist position is responsible for creative concepting and implementation through the channels of graphic design and video production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Percentage of time spent on each task.
Graphic Design – Develop concepts for, and design original, innovative brand advertising collateral and marketing communications (brochures, interactive graphics, flyers, signage, etc.) utilizing creativity, talent and imagination as well as layout, typography and composition skills.
Video Production – Produce innovative, brand specific video projects using creative concepting, pre-production planning and recommendations, shooting and editing skills.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains an appropriate relationship with department heads and executive management in order to carry out assigned duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and exemplifies the Canyon Ranch and Marketing department's mission and values in all relationships with co-workers and guests.
- Adheres to and exemplifies Canyon Ranch standards for guest service.
- Refers guest problems or complaints to supervisor according to Canyon Ranch guest problem resolution policy.
- Education: BS/BA in advertising, communications, graphic design or similar
- Experience: Three to five years of graphic design/video production experience with a corporate in-house marketing department, or advertising, public relations or marketing services agency.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Artistic sensibility – Must show a proficiency of aesthetic and sense of design that meets or exceeds the high-quality standard of the brand. Must possess a thorough knowledge of design elements (i.e., color and composition), typography, handling and manipulation of images and freehand graphics.
• Conceptual development and judgment – Must possess a talent for generating innovative, original concepts surrounding design and video projects that meet business objectives while complying with brand standards – ultimately developing work that moves the brand communications into new creative directions.
• Technical skill – Must possess an understanding of Macintosh technology, and a mastery of Final Cut Pro, the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office. Must have the technical skills necessary to capture raw video footage including the use of audio and lighting equipment, as well as edit and deliver final video in various formats depending on final usage (familiarity with SLR video camera a plus). Knowledge of web design software is also a plus. Must be able to adhere to tight deadlines.
• Communication skill/Client relations – Must possess excellent listening skills and be able to interact with account executives/clients and translate ideas into effective design and video projects. Must also be able to effectively present these concepts once executed – both verbally and visually to account execs/manager/director/client.
• Working style – Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at once, meet tight deadlines, thoroughly think through the process and follow through with all aspects and needs surrounding the execution of the design/video/photography project.
Canyon Ranch - 18 months ago
Those seeking health and wellness in a luxury hotel spa setting can find it through Canyon Ranch Enterprises. The company operates renowned...