Schipper Design is looking for a detail-oriented and hardworking, Graphic Designer/Production Artist to work in the studio full time.
About the Job:
Graphic Designer/Production Artist
The Graphic Designer/Production Artist is responsible for taking creative work successfully from the conceptualization phase to the pre-press phase.
Monterey Coast boutique design studio is offering an exceptional opportunity to a designer who can contribute to the overall growth and development of this creative group. We are experts in 'Brand development and campaign marketing. The studio delivers exceptional marketing services and campaigns for brands and retailers across the globe. We have a passion for what we do and take great pride in providing excellent service to all our clients whoever they may be.
- You have a Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or other design field.
- You have at least 2 years of Design/Production experience.
- You are okay with splitting your time between design work and production work.
- You are passionate about your work with the ability to create fresh new design ideas and innovative concepts.
- You are detail-oriented and proactive in seeking out and correcting any errors in your work. This is an absolute must!
- You are able to manage your own and your teams’ projects and work under tight deadlines while maintaining production schedules.
- You enjoy a challenge and figuring out new ways to do things as efficiently as possible.
- You are able to communicate in clear concise manner (whether it be email, voice mail or face to face). And are comfortable with client facing tasks as well as are professional in demeanor and attitude.
- You are easy-going, able to multi-task, deal with multiple rounds of: edits, amends, scrapping things and starting over.
- You are flexible and can adapt to quickly changing priorities and tasks.
- You are open to constructive criticism and can maintain a great attitude under pressure.
- You are able to quickly pick-up a client’s brand guidelines and maintain brand consistency while creating innovative and strategic designs.
- You are experienced in proofing text and can go beyond spell-check
- You have experience in working on both print and web projects. Some HTML coding skills are a plus.
- You have expert skills with: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- You are confident but check your ego at the door.
- You are a true team player and your first priority is the client’s satisfaction