Title : Graphic Designer – Infographics (18 hours/week)
Location: Washington, D.C. (offsite)
Salary : Based on education and experience
CFR.org is CFR's award-winning website and a leading source of foreign policy analysis. It publishes a mix of resources, including interactives, Daily News Briefs, Backgrounders, and interviews with foreign policy experts. [[http:CFR.org|CFR.org ]] collaborates closely with CFR's think tank on its content and features insights from CFR fellows in a number of ways, including Expert Briefs and video interviews. The Information Graphic Designer will help design and produce graphics and data visualizations to be used in web and interactive projects for the Council's website.
The responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Create graphic visualizations for online editorial publications, including Backgrounders, timelines, maps, and slideshows;
- Add graphics to the InfoGuide series;
- Work with the [[http:CFR.org|CFR.org ]] multimedia team to establish production timelines.
- Translate complex concepts and data on foreign policy issues into visual images.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 2+ years of web design and development experience
- A strong portfolio of past work that is easily viewable online
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative suite (PhotoshopIllustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
- Strong design skills and good grasp of visual hierarchy
- Knowledge of mobile user interface, image optimization, and website constraints including download times, browser differences and web-safe palettes; experience working with HTML and CSS
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of U.S. foreign policy issues a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Self-starting, results oriented attitude and strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 4,700+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs , the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on itsaward-winning website, [[http:CFR.org|CFR.org ]].
- A passion for design and a strong visual style
- Experience designing across multiple media (broadcast, print, online and mobile) is a strong plus.
Posted: January 2014
idealist.org - 30+ days ago