We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this outstanding opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates and conducting interviews. You may contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about this potential opening.
Graphics Artist/Designer Job Description
The Graphics Artist/Designer shall be the subject matter expert in providing the university with various graphic artist/designer tasks associated with the production of course documents, publications, promotional material, print advertising, web, and electronic applications that visually support and promote university programs. The Graphics Artist/Designer shall perform functions, which include:
- Provide graphic concepts, design, production and coordination services for university staff, faculty and events
- Serve as primary consultant for the following materials: instructional material, brochure development, logos, photographs, posters, maps, charts, and diagrams
- Create and design graphics for layout of posters, slides, newsletters, brochures, booklets, flyers and logs as requested by organization using traditional and computer graphic methods
- Perform required preparatory work such as layout and paste-up in order to prepare camera-ready artwork for production
- Operate various types of graphic design equipment such as: graphics computers, cameras, printing and lettering equipment
- Maintain completed assignments and maintain accurate logs of work in progress such as time devoted to project and materials used
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related discipline and three (3) years of related experience providing services to clients.
Must possess a Secret or higher clearance.
Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Work will be performed in a cubical environment inside a large facility. Some travel may be required depending requests by the customer.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
Other Essential Functions:
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs Technology - 13 months ago