As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Provide graphics design, graphics layout and web services for a DoD contract program.
• Develop and design quarterly membership newsletter. Provide fresh, innovative and original look and feel for a diverse multicultural audience.
• Create organization´s internal and outreach materials, such as marketing, membership, training, client, operational, recruiting and presentation information, including online flash animated ads, print ads, display materials, websites, leaflets, brochures, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, and other outreach and briefing materials.
• Coordinate with other Operations staff to ensure quality of products and to obtain feedback regarding materials produced
• Use basic HTML and CSS codes to develop and create layouts for attractive membership e-mails.
• Manage/maintain the organization´s main web portal and membership web sites.
• Provide web design expertise to portals that will serve a membership of over 4,200 members
• Collaborate with IT helpdesk to coordinate timely web posting of newsletter/web content or timely and quality output of outreach/membership products
• Participate in NLSC meetings to stay current in program activities, member assignments, NLSC operations, meet & greets, and other program events.
• Occasional travel may be required
• Other duties as assigned.
BS/BA degree or equivalent education and experience.
2-5 years graphics design/layout and/or publishing experience required
2-5 years web design required
2-5 years web development experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience with Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Experience with Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML, CSSW
• Experience with MS applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, SharePoint, other MS applications.
• Attention to detail, and demonstrated organizational and time-management skills
• Creative, innovative, and independent thinker
• Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
• Ability to capture broader ideas and apply them to develop high quality products
• Ability to work in an operational environment with deadlines and changing priorities
• Ability and willingness to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Experience working with multicultural and/or multilingual publications/materials preferred.
• Experience with video editing or Access a plus
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 17 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...