Responsible for conceptualizing, designing and producing graphics for City departments, copywriting and editing skills desired.
Essential Job Functions
Plan, analyze, and create visual solutions and design layouts for a variety of applications; including brochures, flyers, maps, forms, signage.
Ensure accuracy and consistency of all usage and applications of new logo; as provided in the Brand Standards Guide.
Copywriting, editing and proofreading of publications and materials.
Coordinate internal graphics work needed with other Departments.
Meet with departments to determine needs and objectives including ideas, designs, layouts and/or samples for departmental approval.
Act as liaison to print companies and departments to place orders and reorders, resolve print problems, negotiate delivery dates, invoices, etc.
Web site content management for department.
Provide photography services; maintain digital files for use in publications and maintaining non-digital photos.
Provide administrative and customer service support for Public & Media Relations Department.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field of study
- 2-4 years experience in graphic design for an agency, company or city municipality
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Licenses & Certifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer graphic design
- Comprehensive knowledge of artwork process, display set-ups, graphic art and related artistic techniques
- Skill in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Skill in computer software applications including Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to design on PC
- Skill in photography
- Ability to execute original art work including posters, brochures and signs
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. The incumbent must be able to hear and speak effectively to communicate by telephone and in person. Also, much have visual acuity to read documents and for use of personal computer; on occasion may be requested to lift up to 50 pounds.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
2 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.