Braille Institute of America, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to eliminate blindness and severe sight loss as a barrier to the fulfillment of life. Through educational training, programs and services, Braille Institute helps people regain and maintain their independence through five regional centers (Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Orange County, Rancho Mirage, and San Diego) and through more than 135 community outreach programs.
We currently are seeking a Graphics Specialist in Los Angeles to join our National Programs-Publishing team. This position is responsible for:
- Creating, designing and producing print materials and braille publications with tactile graphics for visually impaired readers;
- Creating routine print collaterals based on organizational templates;
- Formatting catalogs and illustrations for use on the Braille Institute website;
- Scanning printed materials and preparing them for braille transcription.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required;
- At least three (3) years of experience as graphic designer or production artist is preferred;
- Working knowledge of graphic design and/or publishing software is required;
- Some college level courses in graphic design and/or illustration is preferred;
- Work experience with current graphic design software, editing/proofreading and print production is desirable;
- Ability to multi-tasked and manage priorities and assignments;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
idealist.org - 8 months ago