The E-Advocacy Specialist is responsible for helping in the development and implementation of the membership engagement activities for the AAFP. In addition, the Specialist is responsible for communicating policy issues to family physician advocates and supporting member advocacy of AAFP’s legislative issues. The Specialist coordinates with the government relations team to plan and execute grassroots campaigns. Approximately 10 days travel per year.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in an academic field directly related and essential to the job or through equivalent work experience plus at least two years related experience. The incumbent must possess strong knowledge of health care policy, the technical components of grassroots advocacy, and have experience in federal and state government relations.
- Propose and develop grassroots strategy and execute multimedia campaigns to implement that strategy in coordination with government relations staff.
- Recruit, train, and communicate with AAFP Key Contacts.
- Manage online grassroots programs to engage AAFP advocates on family medicine issues in Washington and in each Congressional legislator’s district.
- Assist in promotion, planning and execution of annual 2-day advocacy conference.
- Maintain, organize and develop multiple web pages related to public sector advocacy.
- Develop online and in-person training programs to assist AAFP members in becoming more active and adept with the legislative and political process.
- Work with a cross-functional team to promote grassroots opportunities through AAFP social media platforms.