The Great Plains Administrator is responsible for overseeing and managing the on-going maintenance, support and development of the Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP and related software and technologies including FRx Financial Reporting Software. The Administrator is also responsible for planning and coordinating the change management of processes required for the support of and problem-solving skills to solve issues related to the continued use of Microsoft Dynamics GP and the related software.
Essential Job Functions:
Training and Documentation
- Performs database and application monitoring, maintenance and system troubleshooting & fine tuning. Partners with outside Dynamics ERP Consultants to implement performance improvements
- Manages security of database, applications, and configurations
- Supports accounting and finance system requirements
- Perform administration of the Great Plains instance / Manage fields/relationships, workflow rules, approval processes, page layouts, security, validation rules, email, custom buttons/links, etc.
- Understand, maintain, and enhance WWP’s business processes that are implemented in Great Plains
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
- Great Plains Systems Administrator works closely with the Accounting staff/management to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance financial system functionality. This position is involved in the design of various interfaces, databases, and systems to support financial business processes.
- The Systems Administrator will assist in the analysis and interpretation of accounting reports for use by management
- Supports integration and implementation of other software with Dynamics GP
- Plans, conducts, and directs analysis to solve business process changes and reporting requirements within the Dynamics GP System
- Supports and assists Accounting with FRx Financial Reporting functionality and processes
- Ensures that all change control procedures are applied to application and data environments
- Partners with ERP Consultants and business team members to ensure overall ERP system is operational
- Assists with testing for deployment, upgrade and other system changes
- Regularly reports project and task status
Process Discovery and Management
- Develop training plans, materials, and documentation for database users, keep materials up-to-date, coordinate new user and ongoing training sessions
- Provides hands-on user support, training, and ensures user/technical manuals are maintained
- Leverage comprehensive understanding of Great Plains feature/functionality and platform to provide relevant adoption and technical recommendations on solutions and enhancements customized to customers’ business needs.
- Assist users with report design and management
- Implements standards and procedures for administration activities
- Leverages system to improve and streamline accounting processes
- Partners with accounting department on the monthly financial close process
- Creates or updates application and database documentation
- Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes as they related to the database
- Analyzes software problems and user technical problems and assists with ERP Consultants to develop solutions
- Acts as a liaison between Developers and ERP Consultants to assist business end users compatibility with the systems and business processes
- Work with management to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage the database to support additional business processes or functions
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with customer key stakeholders and executive sponsors such that all Great Plains activities are closely aligned with the customer's business case and business strategy, allowing the full potential of their Great Plains solution to be realized
- Collaborates with ERP Consultants and business team to ensure reliable system functionality
The employee’s job functions include but are not limited to those mentioned above.
- Ability to administer Great Plains (manage fields/relationships, workflow rules, approval processes, page layouts, security, validation rules, email, custom buttons/links, etc.)
- Data manipulation and cleaning
- Strong documentation and training skills
- Extensive experience developing within Great Plains
- Strong configuration and design skills which are essential to this position
- Adept at implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team focused over-delivering customers' needs
- Participation in each phase of at least 2 full Great Plains lifecycle implementations preferred
- Strong technical foundation including; Advanced structured programming - APEX, Force.com, .Net, Java, etc., understanding of relational database concepts and structures, knowledge of SQL, structured system analysis and design methods, etc.
- Experience in a non-profit setting and an understanding of fund raising fundamentals preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects in varying complexity
- Strong problem determination and resolution skills
- Self-motivated, able to work within a project-based environment
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise confidentiality and good judgment when working with sensitive issues
- Ability to effectively communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels—from the novice user to the expert programmer
- Ability Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct
- Ownership attitude where individual can take on initiatives and drive to completion.
Wounded Warrior Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- 3-5 years of related experience in accounting and information systems administration in an accounting or finance environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience working with software and hardware vendors;
- Must possess knowledge and expertise in accounting;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word;
- Experience with single sign‐on solution development / implementation (Microsoft preferred) and/or dashboards / reports development projects preferred;
- Experience working in non-profit organizations is highly preferred;
- Experience with installing, configuring, and supporting 3rd party modules for Great Plains;
- Experience working with service providers/IT vendors is desirable;
- Proficient in data analysis (Excel)
- Knowledge of databases and database integration
- BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems preferred
- Proven experience with Microsoft Great Plains, Microsoft Enterprise Reporting;
- SQL Server experience required
- SQL and Transact SQL (TSQL) required
It is Wounded Warrior Project policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Wounded Warrior Project does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth, or related medical conditions), color, religion, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.