This position is responsible for calibrating, grinding and/or honing meter tubes. Duties include recording the calibration reading and stamping meter tubes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Sets up and operates grinding/honing tools to reduce meter tube welds to within tolerances described by AGA standards
• Positions and secures tubes between centers or in chuck jaws to limit work-piece travel
• Calibrates meter tubes using bore gauges, micrometer calipers and other calibration equipment
• Records reading to calibration sheets and stamp meter tubes with correct ID dimensions
• Maintain related equipment used for grinding/honing and calibrating
• Observe and follow all company safety rules and policies
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+ years of related Grinder/Calibration experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
Some limited proficiency with a personal computer is preferred
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of metal fabrications or other structures
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Must be able to read a tape measure, build equipment using drawings, and calculate lengths and angles
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid Drivers' License
• Forklift Certification or the ability to obtain one
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
J-W Energy Company - 16 months ago