Cleans and maintains the administrative offices, labs, water production plant, and grounds within the guidelines of supervisory instructions and work orders. Reports to the Assistant Operations Manager (Maintenance) or other designated person and works with co-workers to provide grounds maintenance support.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Sweeps, mops, waxes and buffs office floors and cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies, mows grass and maintains landscape.
- Assists in minor equipment repairs and aides in plant operation Moves furniture or other heavy equipment
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Operation of lawnmower and edger
- Routine maintenance of lawn equipment
- Assist other staff as needed
High School Diploma or GED
0-2 years of experience or sufficient experience to perform principal duties and responsibilities
- Familiarity with county and department policies and procedures.
- Understanding of the use and maintenance of lawn equipment.
- Experience using standard tools, power tools, and operating machinery.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or with coworkers.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and move 100 pounds
- Possess or have ability to obtain a valid state operator/driver’s license for the type vehicle or equipment operated.
This position requires staff call up in an emergency situation.
This position requries less that 50% of travel from office to other locations.
Depending upon area of assignment:
Positions in this class typically require: walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Work is performed in an office setting.
Occasional lifting of light objects weighing less than 75 lbs. Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, reaching, pulling, repetitive motions. Work is performed outdoors with exposure to noise, diseases, chemicals, inclement weather, dirt, grease, dust, and machinery with moving parts requiring use of protective devices.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.