Provide general care of all aspects of exterior grounds as it pertains to storm drain, hardscape and small construction projects.
- Insure exceptional customer service to campus community.
- Plan and organize assigned work: Trim, spray, weed, sweep, rake, dig and other related functions.
- Evaluate condition of hardscape and storm drains and use necessary means to employ Best Management Practices.
- Remain up to date and informed on current practices as it pertains to storm water and erosion control issues.
- Assist Landscape Project Supervisor on small In-House construction projects.
- Maintain cleanliness of all campus parking lots and streets.
- Maintain cleanliness of hardscape equipment.
- Perform grounds patrol for trash and empty trash receptacles as needed.
- Cooperate with others within the department, other department personnel and tradesmen in completing assigned tasks.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Participate in safety programs as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Knowledge of the safe use of manual and power equipment involved in hardscape and grounds care preferred.
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities that normally require special physical effort, including bending, crawling, stretching and lifting heavy objects, typically under 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors.
- Must be able to follow simple instructions in English.
- Ability to be a team player.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
- Must be able to bend, crawl, climb, lift as much as 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work around dust and pollen.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 9 months ago