Performs duties related to maintenance of Prairie State College's grounds including but not limited to: mowing, trimming, weed control, landscape installation and similar activities, performs routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs of college vehicles and groundskeeping equipment.
1. Operates a variety of mowing and trimming equipment.
2. Installs landscape designs, trims, cultivates, fertilizes and waters a variety of shrubs, hedges, plants, trees and grass.
3. Makes repairs to walks and roadways and parking lots with gravel, stone, hot or cold pitch asphalt.
4. Performs routine preventive maintenance and makes minor repairs to vehicles and/or grounds equipment; reports to supervisor major maintenance repair needs.
5. Ability to lift 50 pounds with physical ability for considerable walking, bending and standing.
6. Makes repairs and maintains baseball, softball and soccer fields.
7. Assists in the moving of furniture, equipment, supplies and other materials as requested.
8. Performs other duties as required which are reasonably within the duties enumerated above.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions (temperatures varying from below 32 degrees to over 90 degrees) for periods of over one hour, subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, etc., and involves heavy work exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force constantly in order to move objects. Work is primarily mobile in nature.
Various types of mechanical tools and equipment to include but not limited to: lawn mowers, tractors, dollies, brooms, ladders, shovels, wheelbarrows and screwdrivers.
Physical Plant and Facilities
Status of Position:
1. High school diploma/equivalent.
2. Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
3. Ability to safely lift fifty pounds.
4. Ability to work in all kinds of weather.
5. One year of experience in grounds, parks and athletic facilities or related work and/or capable of operating heavy-duty tractors, trucks for snow removal, hauling and grading.
1. Experience working at upper level educational facility.
2. Experience in general maintenance.
3. Experience in athletic field maintenance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: