We’re seeking a hands-on senior product marketer for Proofpoint's Information Archiving & Governance business (think "systems that track and store every employee's email and social communication, and files as appropriate, such that that information can be reviewed and/or retrieved for legal review and compliance purposes. It's a multi-billion-dollar cloud-based big-data challenge). Our best candidates tend to be ex-Product Managers or ex-Sales Engineers -- technically savvy, great listeners and presenters, highly productive creators of sales tools / whitepapers / ROI documents etc. A great candidate is NOT someone whose sole interest is to “manage the process”, do “bizdev”, or uses lots of buzzwords.
If you have a passion for taking the initiative and explaining what we do to others, verbally and in writing, quickly and concisely – and you understand how to best adjust those approaches for various marketing vehicles and customers -- you'll enjoy this role. You must enjoy messaging, content creation, customers and sales enablement. High energy and self-motivation are crucial. Come in with a perspective on the right way to use Product Marketing to scale the company, and the initiative to make that perspective a reality. (If you're waiting for your manager to tell you what to do, you're not going to do well). You will work with experienced managers who've built and run some of the best-known companies in Silicon Valley.
We reward creativity and execution, and yet we also value a good sense of humor and believe in maintaining a work-life balance. Come join us as we build a great SaaS company.
- Content creation: whitepapers, powerpoint, data sheets, web pages, articles, sales tools, blogs, etc
- Presentation: to sales, customers, via phone / webinar / live
- Sales Enablement: ridealongs, training, motivation, lead by example customer pitching
- BS undergraduate; technical background and/or MBA would be favorably viewed
- Min 3-5 years experience in Prod Mgt or Prod Mktg, incl sales enablement activities, ideally in an Enterprise Software or SaaS Co.
- Strong, proven writing abilities; whitepapers, presentations, email, outbound communication
- Strong, proven speaking and presentation abilities; to customers, partners, sales teams at all levels
Proofpoint - 7 months ago