Sport&Health is seeking a Group Exercise Instructor who is responsible for teaching a quality group exercise class in accordance with club and industry standards. He/She works with club management and staff to create a positive, encouraging and motivating environment. He/She supports the club, group exercise program, instructors and members while following employee policies and procedures.
Sport&Health requires a passionate, positive, focused and driven Group Exercise Instructor.
Candidates must have:
We offer competitive pay, career advancement, continuing education, FREE health club membership and more!
- H.S. diploma or GED minimum.
- Six (6) months group exercise instructor experience.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Nationally recognized instructor certification or degree. ACE, AFAA, ACSM, AEA preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate nonverbally, providing appropriate eye contact, smiles and body language, and verbally when giving and taking information.
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively in front of a large group while teaching and demonstrating techniques.
- Ability to retain a broad knowledge of tasks performed.
- Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changing work environments.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks.
- Exhibits a professional and polite appearance and demeanor.
NO phone calls, inquiries, please!
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates outside of the DC Metro area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost.
Relocation assistance is not offered.
Sport&Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Sport & Health Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
For over 30 years, Sport & Health has had its finger on the pulse of the D.C. metropolitan area. Locally owned and operated, our clubs...