Under the supervision of the Education Director, the Group Teacher supervises the planning and execution of a program to provide day care for children which takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child.
• Implements effective program curriculum
• Conducts regular group conferences based on daily observation of associates performance
• Completes assessments related to curriculum (i.e. progress of the children)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education + Master’s study plan required, Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
• NYS Teacher Certification (or in the process of attaining)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Completed or are in the process of obtaining the Child Development Associate (CDA) credential if degree is not concentrated in early childhood education.
• Two years experience working in a group setting with children
• Bilingual English/ Chinese (Mandarin) or French or Spanish (heavily preferred )
• First Aid and CPR trainings required and recertified as needed
$30,000-$42,000, dependant upon Teacher Credentials and Education.
It is the policy of ESS that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Episcopal Social Services of New York, Inc. - 19 months ago